Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment takes on Minecraft with LEGO Worlds
Get ready, LEGO fans, for one of the most exciting game announcements in quite a long time!
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), TT Games and The LEGO Group earlier this week announced LEGO Worlds, a world building game in what could be considered the LEGO version of Minecraft. This comes from the official press release:
“LEGO Worlds embodies the physical, LEGO brick-building fun that consumers have enjoyed for decades, on a digital platform that delivers an entirely new type of experience with the beloved bricks,” said Tom Stone, Managing Director, TT Games. “From the brick-by-brick editor, to discovering an expansive range of items, characters and creatures to populate your worlds – the creative possibilities are endless.”
In LEGO Worlds, players have the freedom to alter procedurally generated worlds and create anything they can imagine one brick at a time, or use prefabricated structures to customize their environments. Large-scale landscaping tools are available to modify terrain quickly and easily. Entire worlds and creations are brought to life with characters and creatures that interact with each other as well as the player in unexpected ways. From helicopters to dragons, motorbikes to bears, there are always interesting ways for players to explore the vast worlds and discover hidden treasures. Fans of the LEGO building sets will be rewarded with a select number of commercially available sets that can be unlocked in-game during Early Access, with many more to come in future game updates. Future plans will also offer multiplayer and sharing features, for friends to experience each other’s worlds and show-off their creations. “”
LEGO Worlds is currently in early access on Steam, though some pretty nifty features have been already added to the game, including:
Explore and Discover the Surprises within LEGO Worlds
• Uncover hidden treasures in environments that range from the fun to the fantastical.
• Make your worlds come to life with customizable characters, both friendly and fearsome
• Race, soar, zoom, and ride on a variety of vehicles and creatures from diggers and helicopters to horses and dragons
Create and Customize your own LEGO World
• Build any world you can imagine using the brick-by-brick editor tool and prefabricated LEGO structures
• Modify terrain quickly and easily with the multi-tool.
• Customize your characters in a wide variety of outfits and options.
• Play with a select number of real-life LEGO sets, taken from the Classic and current LEGO themes!
• Export your creations and save them to use again.
Sticky Trigger will be checking out the game in its current state, stay tuned for our hands-on preview!