Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear Headphones
Everyone’s listening to music on the go, and thanks to one popular brand in particular, over-ear headphones are back and in fashion. This is will come as no surprise to your average audiophile, who will greatly attest that on and over-ear headphones deliver superior sound. As we all know however, quality varies from brand to brand, and product to product. One brand that has never faltered is Sennheiser, who have recently released their new range of Momentum headphones.
The Sticky Trigger office was lucky enough to receive a pair of the new Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear Headphones, which are not only fashionable, they also happen to deliver amazing sound.
- Impedance – 18 Ω
- Frequency response – 16–22,000 Hz
- Sound pressure level (SPL) – 112 dB (1 kHz/1 Vrms)
- THD, total harmonic distortion – < 0.5% (1 kHz, 100 dB SPL)
- Contact pressure – approx. 3.2 N
- Ear coupling – Supra-aural
- Jack plug Cable 1: 3.5 mm low profile angled plug
- Jack plug Cable 2: 3.5 mm straight plug
- Cable length Cable 1: 1.4 m iPod®/iPhone® cable with integrated smart remote and microphone
- Cable length Cable 2: 1.4 m cable for computers, phones, music players and any device with a headphone output
- Transducer principle – Dynamic, closed
- Weight – 160 g (including remote)
- Load rating – 200 mW
Immediately noticeable about the Sennheiser Momentum On-Ears, is the retro-meets-modern design of the headphones. The head band is sturdy, and is made of metal, which is perfect for someone like myself who seems to break even the most reliable of plastic headphones. The top of the head band, is covered in coloured suede, which both looks and feels nicer than the standard plastic of other headphones.
One feature I particularly like about the Momentum On-Ears is the memory foam ear cups. They feel snug and comfortable, and the memory foam adapts to the shape of your ears, unlike other cups which either force your ear to fit into the cup awkwardly, or sit over your ears and create an uncomfortable experience.
Listening to a variety of music genres, the Sennheiser Momentum On-Ears sounded fantastic, each and every time. There is no need to listen to your songs with an equaliser program, as the bass, treble and mid levels are all perfect, regardless of the musical genre(s) you listen to. I myself listen to all manner of music, from classical to heavy metal, and everything in between. No once did I have to alter my music player’s settings or equalisers, as the Momentum On-Ears were that good.
With some headphones, songs can come across as walls of noise that have a uniform sound. With the Sennheiser Momentum On-Ears, you can notice every individual instrument in a rock song. The bass is deep and rumbles, the bass drums pound the way they should, and the guitars truly harmonise and compliment each other for the first time. This is the way music should sound.
The Momentum On-Ears come with a handy remote control, which works with all Apple products (though not all non-Apple products are supported), as well as a protective and stylish carry case. It also comes in a great range of snappy colours.
- Phenomenal sound quality, regardless of sound or music type
- Sturdy and stylish design
- Handy remote control
- Doesn’t fold up, so it’s less portable (which may concern some)
With the Momentum range of personal sound equipment, Sennheiser have merged their well-known excellent sound quality with a very stylish and sturdy design. The memory foam ear cups have to be felt to be believed, and with met with the clarity