Plantronics announce new modular Rig 500 Series Gaming Headsets
Plantronics, creators of leading tournament headsets GameCom Commander and professional-class Supreme Commander, today introduced the RIG 500 Series – PC gaming headsets engineered specifically for the intensity of e-sports. Uniquely constructed with interchangeable components, the RIG 500 family can be configured for precise fit, extraordinary comfort, peerless game audio in any environment, and personalized style. Endorsed by ESL, the world’s largest e-sports company, the RIG 500 Series provides competitive gamers and aspiring professionals a flexible audio solution that adapts to their needs.
- The 500 Series system includes components such as vented-air and sound-isolating ear cups, several colors of headbands, mobile stereo cables, a digital USB adapter with Dolby® 7.1 Surround Sound, and 24-bit audio support
- Personalise! Modular headset with ability to swap out components and customise
- High Performance and reliability: Vented for maximum breathability and head dissipation, reducing listening fatigue and pressure, and isolating for complete immersion, reducing background noise and enabling players to focus.
- Engineered from the ground up in consultation with competitive gamers
- Highly compatible with mobiles and tablets, as well as console controllers, up to 7.1.
- Ultra light and flexible, with a precise fit, making for extraordinary comfort.
- RIG 500 – Stereo gaming headset with flip-to-mute mic boom
- RIG 500HD – Surround sound USB gaming headse
- RIG 500E – E-sports edition surround sound gaming headset with two sets of ear cups (vented and isolating), detachable boom mic, USB adapter and analog stereo cables
You might remember Nick was absolutely blown away by the original Plantronics Rig (he gave it a 9/10), so we’re certain that the new Rig will be just as amazing, if not better.
The Rig 500 series will launch in Australia in Augutst 2015.